Barista School Training – How to be a Barista
Are you frustrated with servingbad coffees? Do you often get feedback that "your coffees suck"?Never quite learned the correct Barista skills to make a great double shotskinny caramel flat white or espresso? Then you should look at training at abarista school. If you’ve chosen to start your career as a barista, you’ll bepleased to know the world consumes over 2 billion cups of coffee per day. Thereforeexperienced baristas are typically in high demand and have great potential tofind work throughout the globe. This means training can be extremely useful inincreasing your chances of getting or staying hired.
If you are planning to start yourown café in the future and serve quality espresso beverages with latte art, lookingfor further training to advance your skills to make great cappuccino, or if youare a coffee lover wanting to learn how to get the most value out of your athome coffee machine so you can make tasty espresso, cappuccino or café latte, baristaschool at theAfricaBlack Espresso Coffee Bar in Sandton is the perfect choice for you.
About Our Courses
Entirelyhands-on, our barista school offers courses that cover all the fundamentalskills and techniques required to produce all the café-style espresso baseddrinks, to the World Barista Championship standards in a stress-free and funlearning environment, to fuel your coffee passion. Take a look at our baristacourses available:
- Advanced Barista Course – this one day course is designed to make sure that you are comfortable with the equipment and the coffee. You will learn all about the art of Cappuccino’s, Espresso’s and the many extraction methods used. Learn the art of coffee cupping, grinder settings, advanced tamping methods, advanced milk texturizing, advanced Latte art and troubleshooting.
- Basic Barista Course – this one day course offers you anintroduction to coffee, espresso and cappuccino making. It covers step-by- step espresso coffee roasting and tasting, espresso equipment and how to clean & maintain it, milk texturizing and menu demonstration.
- Competition Training – the idea of entering a barista competition can be quite overwhelming. There are many aspects to consider: from where your coffee is sourced to what your menu will look like. Put your name down for our one-on-one competition training and let us teach you what you need to know.
- Cupping Event – this course is designed for individuals, groups or company training. Learn the secrets of coffee with chocolate or whiskey pairing, coffee cupping and roasting. This course is great for those who wish to cater for corporate functions.
- Latte Art Workshop – this workshop is designed to give you or your staff the information and training needed to succeed in today's highly competitive retail coffee market. This particular workshop will teach you all you need to know about basic espresso extractions, the various types of milk, steaming and texturizing methods. Finally, learn to master the basic and advanced tips, tricks and techniques of pouring shapes.
A goodBarista school such as ours will teach you the right skills to be able to finda brilliant job in an industry that is growing faster than any other despitethe current credit crunch! Contact Stil.Coffee today for more information onour barista school training and how to be the best barista in the industry.
Back to News Page >>